How to Reset the Oil Light on Your 2015 Kia Soul
The service interval light in your 2015 Kia Soul is a helpful reminder to replace the oil in your car. However, it doesn’t turn off on its own after an oil change. You need to manually reset it. Follow these steps:
1. Put your car’s ignition in the “ON” position.
2. Use the steering wheel buttons to navigate to the Service Interval menu.
3. Select and confirm the reset option.
Resetting the engine oil maintenance light on a 2015 Kia Soul is a simple process that you can do yourself. Here’s how:
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, turn your ignition key to the “ON” position. If your car has a START/STOP button, press the button twice without depressing the brake pedal.
2. Look for the menu button on the bottom right section of your steering wheel. It resembles a file folder and is positioned above the upside-down triangle button.
3. Press the menu button until you see the User Settings menu.
4. Use the down button (the one that looks like an upside-down triangle) to navigate to the Service Interval menu.
5. Scroll down to Reset and use the menu button to confirm that you want to reset the Service Interval light.
Once you complete these steps, your oil light should be reset. It will reappear when your 2015 Kia Soul is due for another oil change.
How Often Does a 2015 Kia Soul Need an Oil Change?
According to Kia, it is recommended to replace the oil in your 2015 Soul every 7,500 miles using SAE 5W-20 motor oil.
Regular oil changes are vital for the maintenance of your Kia Soul. They not only prolong your car’s lifespan but also prevent serious engine damage. While taking your car to a dealership or an independent shop is a reliable option for oil changes, performing a DIY oil change can save you time and money.
If you choose to perform a basic oil change and need to reset your Kia’s Service Interval light, it should be a relatively quick and easy process. However, if the light remains stuck or if your Soul requires more complex maintenance or repairs, it is recommended to take your car to a professional mechanic for assistance.
Q: Are Kias expensive to maintain?
A: The cost of maintaining a Kia can vary depending on the model and specific maintenance needs. Generally, Kias are known for their affordability and reliability, which can help keep maintenance costs reasonable compared to some other brands. However, it’s always a good idea to budget for routine maintenance and factor in any necessary repairs.
Q: Can I change the oil in my Kia Soul myself?
A: Yes, changing the oil in your Kia Soul can be done as a DIY project. It can save you both time and money. Just make sure to follow the recommended oil type and interval as specified by Kia in your owner’s manual. If you’re unsure or uncomfortable with performing the oil change yourself, it’s best to take your car to a professional mechanic.
Q: Why is it important to reset the oil light after an oil change?
A: Resetting the oil light after an oil change is important because it allows your car’s system to accurately track the intervals between oil changes. The oil light serves as a reminder to change the oil, but it won’t turn off on its own even after you’ve replaced the oil. Resetting the light ensures that it accurately reflects when your Kia Soul is due for the next oil change.
Q: How can I reduce my Kia Soul insurance costs?
A: There are several ways you can potentially reduce your Kia Soul insurance costs. Consider shopping around for insurance quotes from multiple carriers to compare prices and coverage options. Additionally, maintaining a clean driving record and taking advantage of any available discounts, such as safe driver or multi-policy discounts, can help lower your insurance premiums.