The Ultimate Guide to Suzuki KingQuad Engine Oil Capacity and Maintenance
If you’re the proud owner of a Suzuki KingQuad, an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) built for adventure on any terrain, it’s essential to understand the engine oil capacity to keep your four-wheeler in top condition. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll go over the key details about engine oil capacity for the Suzuki KingQuad and provide step-by-step instructions on how to change the oil. Additionally, we’ll share tips on saving money on Suzuki car insurance costs. Let’s dive in!
Suzuki KingQuad Engine Oil Capacity
The engine oil capacity for the Suzuki KingQuad is 2.6 quarts. This amount is necessary to effectively lubricate and cool the engine, ensuring all its parts function smoothly. It’s important to note that the KingQuad has different engine sizes depending on the model you own, with larger cubic capacities providing more power. For instance, a motor labeled as 722cc refers to the volume of the engine chamber.
Recommended Oil Type for the Suzuki KingQuad
To maintain peak performance, Suzuki recommends using Suzuki Ecstar 10W-40 oil for the KingQuad. This specific oil type is designed to meet the manufacturer’s requirements and keep your ATV running smoothly. Let’s take a closer look at the characteristics of this oil:
– The “W” in 10W-40 stands for winter, indicating its viscosity (thickness) when the engine is cold.
– The number 10 represents the oil’s viscosity grade during cold engine starts.
– The number 40 refers to the oil’s viscosity grade when the engine reaches operating temperature.
Compared to regular car motor oil, the KingQuad’s oil is slightly thicker, allowing it to flow better once the engine warms up. However, if you’re considering alternative oil options, here are a few choices:
1. Genuine Article: Suzuki ECSTAR 10W-40 Motor Oil – Follow Suzuki’s recommendation by selecting their recommended oil for optimal performance.
2. Enhanced Performance: Suzuki ECSTAR Full-Synthetic 10W-40 – If you prefer a synthetic blend oil at a higher cost, this option offers improved performance.
3. Long Oil Change Intervals: Bel-Ray EXL 10W-40 – If you want to go longer between oil changes, this oil is designed for extended mileage on your ATV.
When to Change Oil on a Suzuki KingQuad
Properly maintaining the oil in your Suzuki KingQuad is crucial for its longevity. It’s recommended to change the oil after reaching one of the following thresholds:
1. 1,000 miles
2. 100 riding hours
3. Six months with the same oil
Changing the oil at these intervals ensures that the oil remains fresh and effective in lubricating the engine. Neglecting timely oil changes can lead to sludge formation, which can ultimately result in engine failure. Keep track of your mileage and regularly monitor oil levels to stay on top of maintenance. Additionally, be aware of the following signs indicating the need for an oil change:
– Black or dark brown oil color
– Coarse or rough oil texture
– New or unusual engine noises
– Changes in ATV performance
Oil Change Procedure for the Suzuki KingQuad
When it’s time to change the oil in your Suzuki KingQuad, follow these steps:
1. Start the engine and let it run for five to ten minutes to warm up the oil.
2. Turn off the engine and gather the necessary tools: socket wrench, drain pan, filter wrench, new oil filter, and a bottle of 10W-40 motor oil.
3. Locate the oil fill plug at the rear of the ATV and remove it.
4. Use a socket wrench to loosen the drain bolt without completely removing it.
5. Position the drain pan beneath the drain bolt, remove the bolt, and allow the oil to drain out completely.
6. Reinstall the drain bolt and tighten it to 21 N-m.
7. Locate the oil filter cover and remove the three bolts securing it in place.
8. Replace the old oil filter with a new one and tighten the cover using the bolts.
9. Pour the appropriate amount of 10W-40 motor oil into the engine and replace the fill cap.
10. Use a dipstick to check the oil level and ensure it is within the recommended range.
11. Clean up by properly disposing of the old oil at a recycling site to protect the environment.
Following these steps will help you save money on recurring oil change bills while keeping your Suzuki KingQuad in optimal condition.
Insurance Policy Maintenance
To protect your Suzuki KingQuad and other vehicles, it’s essential to have reliable and affordable car insurance coverage. Jerry, the car insurance comparison app, makes it easy to find the best deals on insurance. Simply download the app, enter your information, and Jerry will compare policies from popular providers in under a minute. Say goodbye to paperwork and phone calls with agents and enjoy significant savings on your insurance premiums.
Maintaining the engine oil in your Suzuki KingQuad is crucial for its performance and durability. Understanding the engine oil capacity, choosing the recommended oil type, and following the proper oil change procedures are essential for keeping your ATV in top shape. By regularly monitoring your oil level and adhering to the recommended oil change intervals, you’ll ensure a smooth and enjoyable riding experience. And don’t forget to protect your KingQuad and other vehicles with reliable car insurance coverage. Download Jerry today and start saving on your insurance premiums!