The cost of an oil change for a Lexus can vary depending on the model of Lexus you drive and the type of oil used. On average, you can expect to pay between $60 and $180 for a Lexus oil change.
However, if you have a older model Lexus or use conventional motor oil, the cost for an oil change may be less than $100. It is recommended that you check your owner’s manual for your specific Lexus model to determine how often you need an oil change.
You should also be on the lookout for signs that indicate you may need an oil change, such as unusual engine noises or worsening mileage.
How much does a Lexus oil change cost?
On average, a Lexus oil change will cost you between $60 and $180. However, there are several factors that can affect the price, such as the type of oil used, the location of the service, and current market conditions. It’s important to keep in mind that regular oil changes are crucial to maintaining your engine and preventing costly damage down the road. When budgeting for your Lexus’ upkeep, be sure to factor in the cost of regular oil changes.
|Model||Repairpal estimate||KBB estimate|
|RX||$150 to $163||$83 to $113|
|ES||$167 to $183||$77 to $105|
|GS||$172 to $189||$75 to $101|
Are oil changes more expensive for a Lexus?
While oil changes for a Lexus are more expensive than most make and model vehicles, they aren’t as expensive as for a BMW or Mercedes-Benz. That said, if you drive an older model Lexus and use conventional motor oil, the cost for an oil change may drop below $100. Even so, you’ll probably be paying more than the $35 to $75 that most mass-market vehicles’ oil changes cost.
How often should a Lexus get an oil change?
It is typically recommended that a Lexus gets an oil change every 5,000 miles or 6 months—whichever comes first. This varies somewhat depending on the model of your Lexus—for example, the ES 350 recommends an oil change every 7,500 miles. You can check your owner’s manual for the specific recommendation for your car.
Not all mechanics will recommend following this schedule to a T, and some may say it’s okay to go longer between changes. However, it’s generally best to err on the side of caution when it comes to something as important as your engine oil.
Always check your owner’s manual for your specific Lexus model to verify how long you can go before needing an oil change—this will help avoid any unnecessary damage to your engine. You should also get into the habit of checking your oil once a week and be on the lookout for these signs indicating you may need an oil change:
- Unusual engine noises
- Worsening mileage
- A burning smell in the cabin
- An illuminated dashboard light
How to change Lexus oil?
If you drive a Lexus, you can expect to pay between $60 and $180 for an oil change. The price will depend on the type of oil used, the location of the oil change, and current market fluctuations. It is important to regularly change your oil in order to keep your engine running smoothly. If you don’t change your oil regularly, it can lead to costly engine damage.
To change your Lexus’ oil, first find a licensed service center or mechanic. You’ll need to decide what type of oil to use – synthetic or conventional – and factor in the cost of the filter as well. Once you have all the supplies, follow these steps:
- 1. Drive your Lexus for a few minutes to warm up the engine and make sure the oil is circulating properly.
- 2. Place a drain pan beneath the drain plug on the bottom of the engine and remove the plug using a wrench. Allow all the dirty oil to drain out completely.
- 3. Replace the drain plug and tighten it with a wrench until it’s snug but not too tight – overtightening could strip the threads.
- 4. Remove the old filter by unscrewing it from its housing using a filter wrench or pliers (be careful not to spill any dirty oil).
- 5. Install the new filter by screwing it into place until it’s snug but not too tight – again, overtightening could strip the threads.
- 6. Fill the engine with the new oil, using the amount and type specified in your owner’s manual.
- 7. Replace the oil fill cap and start the engine. Allow it to run for a minute or two, then turn it off and check underneath to make sure there are no leaks.
- 8. Check the dipstick to make sure the oil level is correct and top up if necessary.
- You should now have successfully changed your Lexus’ oil!
WHAT ARE THE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS USING SYNTHETIC OIL?
Lexus vehicles in which 0w-20 synthetic oil is required have been approved for extended oil change intervals of 10,000-miles/12-months. However, you should continue to check the oil level regularly and top off if needed.
Engines that recommend 5w-20 conventional oil, but allow the optional use of 0w-20 synthetic oil, as per the Owner's Manual, will continue to require 5,000-mile/6-month (whichever comes first) oil change intervals if the 0w-20 is used.
How much is an oil change on a Lexus?
A professionally done Lexus oil change costs anywhere from $60 to $180.
Is a oil change on a Lexus expensive?
A professional Lexus oil change costs anywhere from $60 to $180. Even though you'll be getting premium service from Lexus-certified mechanics, you won't pay more at your local Torrance Lexus dealership vs. a generic auto mechanic.
What brand oil does Lexus recommend?
The Lexus brand is owned by Toyota, so most new Lexus models require Toyota Genuine Motor Oil SAE 0W-20, which is a synthetic motor oil. Older models may require the conventional Toyota Genuine Motor Oil 5W-30.