A BMW vehicle is The Ultimate Driving Machine, but in at least one respect, your BMW car or SUV is just like any other vehicle in that regular BMW oil changes are essential. The United BMW service team is here to help with any and all of your BMW maintenance needs, including oil changes. So, how much is an oil change for a BMW at our dealership? And why should you schedule service at a dealership in the first place? We’ve answered these questions and more, below.
HOW MUCH IS AN OIL CHANGE FOR A BMW?
BMW oil change costs generally come in between $135 and $175, with about $90 to $110 of that total dedicated to parts and fluids, and the rest to labor! Precise costs can vary based on a wide range of factors, including the kind of model that you drive, so it never hurts to call us at (678) 259-9269 and get our current BMW oil change pricing before you stop in.
BMW Oil Change Services Near Me
No matter what kind of car or SUV you drive, make sure to check out our rotating service specials before you stop in. We often offer oil change coupons that you won’t want to miss.
WHY GET AN OIL CHANGE AT A BMW DEALERSHIP?
If you’re searching for a BMW oil change near Alpharetta or Marietta, you might be tempted to search for third-party or independent service centers that claim they can help you cut costs. The truth is that these service centers are likely to cut corners, and since they don’t know your BMW model as well as our own experts, they won’t save you money in the long run.
Here’s why more and more drivers are choosing to schedule BMW oil changes with us:
- We know all the ins and outs of the most recently-manufactured BMW models, and we have years of experience working on similar vehicles.
- Certain BMW service plans and warranties ensure that your BMW oil change costs are covered, but only at an authorized service center like our own!
- We offer complimentary pick-up and drop-off service for any driver located less than 15 miles from our dealership.
- We carry out all repairs with genuine OEM parts, including BMW oil changes! That means you can trust us to use approved synthetic oil and a genuine BMW oil filter, too.
Need another reason to trust our team? We’re dedicated to your satisfaction, and we’ll even help you learn how to take care of a few things at home! In fact, you should find out how to check your BMW oil levels today!
WHAT IS ORIGINAL BMW ENGINE OIL?
Original BMW engine oil is the only oil product that has been approved for use in BMW vehicles, and as we noted above, it’s the only oil that we use when drivers schedule service for their BMW. This synthetic oil does all the work that oil normally does–distributing heat and lubricating moving parts–while also going even further to remove sludge and impurities from your engine*.
Original BMW engine oil also ensures better performance in low temperatures**, although this may not be of the utmost importance to drivers near Johns Creek and Milton.
HOW DOES AN OIL FILTER WORK?
Interested to learn how an oil filter works? Our certified technicians can help you change the BMW oil filter as well as show you how one works. Learn more below:
How an Oil Filter Works
- The car’s oil pump sends oil directly to the filter through the smaller holes that ring the edge of it.
- The oil is pushed through the medium, which filters out dirt and contaminants.
The oil then passes into the big hole in the center of the filter, then back into the engine.
RELY ON UNITED BMW FOR YOUR SERVICE NEEDS
Ready to take the next steps? Whether you’re gearing up to schedule a BMW oil change or you’re looking for more BMW service tips and tricks, we have you covered.
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident? In need of other major repairs? For anything our service center can’t handle, you can rely on the United Collision Center.
*Based on industry standard sludge tests and industry standard NOACK tests.
**Applies for all 0W-grades. 5W-grades ensure a low-temperature performance in temperatures as low as -35 °C.
WHY CHOOSE AN AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP FOR A BMW OIL CHANGE?
The reasons to bring your luxury vehicle to a certified dealership for a BMW oil change are many! Here’s a quick rundown of just a few dealership advantages:
- BMW-certified technicians are highly familiar with your vehicle’s mechanics, whether you’re driving a new or pre-owned BMW, and they’ll service it with the utmost care and attention to detail.
- If your BMW New Vehicle Warranty has any remaining coverage, the BMW oil change cost may be fully covered when you go to a dealership for service.
- At BMW of Southpoint, we know it’s not always easy to make time in your busy schedule for car maintenance. While at our dealership, you can enjoy a spacious waiting area with television or take advantage of our dedicated quiet room with Wi-Fi access if you need to get some work done.
- You’ll almost always find service specials on rotation at BMW dealership service centers, including oil change coupons for budget-friendly maintenance.
- Every aspect of your BMW oil change will be carried out with genuine BMW parts, including the oil filter and Original BMW Engine Oil.
- Having your luxury vehicle maintained exclusively at an authorized dealership service center may increase the resale value of your vehicle if you want to sell it or trade-in in the future.
HOW CAN I FIND A BMW OIL CHANGE NEAR ME?
No matter where you live in the United States, locating the nearest authorized dealership for a BMW oil change is simple! Using BMW’s Dealership Locator, you can enter your zip code or your city/state, and you’ll be shown a full list of the certified dealerships and BMW service centers in your area. If you’re in Raleigh or Cary, BMW of Southpoint is just a short drive away!
LEARN MORE ABOUT ORIGINAL BMW ENGINE OIL
If you bring your BMW vehicle to an unauthorized service shop, there’s a risk that your technician might not be using Original BMW Engine Oil. Why is it so important to use Original BMW Engine Oil? It has been formulated and tested to deliver the efficient performance BMW vehicles are known for. BMW Engine Oil protects your engine from sludge and traps dirt particles*, in addition to helping your vehicle perform at its best even in low temperatures**.
BMW OIL CHANGE SERVICE INTERVAL
The purpose of an oil change is to drain the old oil from the system and replace it with new oil. For most BMW vehicle owners, this service will need to be done every six months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first. This is the perfect interval for drivers who are regular commuters, drive on normal roads, and aren’t heavy footed with the acceleration.
If you’re a severe driver (driving on dirty roads, taking lots of short trips, or doing a lot of idling), you may want to bump that up to a shortened service interval to ensure that your vehicle continues to run smoothly.
If you’re not sure what is the best oil change interval for your BMW vehicle, check your owner’s manual.
DO I NEED AN OIL CHANGE?
If your vehicle isn’t running at its best, then you may need an oil change sooner than your regular BMW oil change interval may suggest. Here are a few signs that your BMW vehicle needs an oil change now:
- The engine is running louder than normal.
- There’s an oil smell or a burning smell.
- The engine oil light is illuminated.
If you notice any of these oil change signs, it’s important to get your vehicle serviced at your local BMW service center near Manhattan as soon as possible, since these are last-ditch signs from your vehicle that it needs service.